Re: linux kernel error reading end of cd/dvd

> >"Sane block count" is obviously the number of last *significant* block.
> >Yes, for mkisofs mastered images the value returned by isoinfo suffices.
>
> Not if this is e.g. a Solaris boot CD.....

Note that last part of the statement reads as "for *mkisofs* *mastered*
images." Is Solaris boot CD image mastered with mkisofs? I can't confirm
it is, at least not Solaris 8 (strings reveal "MakeDisc ver. 1.20").
mkisofs -B on the other hand does "cover" SPARC boot block[s] "by" value
returned by isoinfo. But even if ISO9660 partition of Solaris boot CD
was prepared with mkisofs, there're UFS partitions which are surely
appended by *separate* means and therefore resulting layout can hardly
be classified as "*mastered* with mkisofs." In other words I'm not
convinced that my statement doesn't hold true. "Sane block count" is
still the last *significant* block even for Solaris boot CD. And as long
as output from mkisofs is fed *immediately* to recording program, value
returned by isoinfo is suitable for discussed purposes. A.