Re: linux kernel error reading end of cd/dvd

>From: Lourens Veen <lourens@rainbowdesert.net>

>"If set to (A2) the P-MIN, P-SEC and P-FRAC fields specify the
>beginning of the Lead-out Track, thus the address of the first
>Section of the Lead-out Track."

>The TOC basically consists of a list of records, each of which
>specifies a track number and a start address in min:sec:frac format
>(with a fraction being 1/75th of a second). The last element in the
>list describes the start of the Lead-out, as quoted above.

>Now the interesting bit is that this is actually section-accurate,
>and that each section holds one block (ie 2k) of data. Also note
>that the last readable block before the Lead-out is at
>address_of_lead_out - 1. At any rate, unless I missed something,
>the amount of readable blocks is actually stored on the CD, and the
>number is accurate.

Interesting point!

If you have a multi session disk, then bad things may happen if the
OS reads more then 150 kB bejond a session end ad the read capacity
command returns the end of the last session.

If the OS fails because it tries to read more than 150 kB bejond an
ardess that is listed as part of the used media, then it is broken.

       schilling@fokus.fraunhofer.de	(work) chars I am J"org Schilling