Re: .xResources? how do you handle it in X4?

On Sat, Jan 13, 2001 at 01:26:24PM +1100, Drew Parsons wrote:

> Maybe another solution, to use misc-fixed instead of cronyx-fixed, is to
> fiddle with the fonts.alias file in fonts/misc.  Is there any way of doing
> this so fonts.alias is not overriden every time xfonts-base is upgraded?

Actually, this is probably better handled the way you said in your other
message:

mkdir ~/local-fonts
ln -s /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc/* ~/local-fonts
rm ~/local-fonts/fonts.alias
cp /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc/fonts.alias ~/local-fonts
vi ~/local-fonts/fonts.alias
xset +fp ~/local-fonts

Only that begs the question, what's the appropriate place to run xset?  The
fontpath gets reset when you logout.  Should it be set in ~/.xsession?

Nevertheless, I'd still like to know how you'd make a change to the default
fonts.alias permanent between upgrades, in case you wanted "fixed" font to be
cyrillicised for the whole system, for instance.  Is it possible?

Drew

--
PGP public key available at http://dparsons.webjump.com/drewskey.txt
Fingerprint: A110 EAE1 D7D2 8076 5FE0  EC0A B6CE 7041 6412 4E4A