Re: XFree86 4.0.2 status

On Tue, Jan 09, 2001 at 10:05:58PM +0100, Christian T. Steigies wrote:

> Thanks for all the hints, I will rebuild with the new gcc and libc6.
Same results with gcc-2.95.3 and libc6-2.2, so the memcpy patch (and/or not
stripping of libraries) is needed to build x4.0 on m68k with current
packages.

I take patches to fix the loadpci problem. Interesting is that when I
"startx" a different video mode is used, so part of X seem to be working.

Seems hw/xfree86/scanpci is the right place to start. I can get different
error messages buy playing a little with the source:
(II) Loading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/libpcidata.a
(EE) LoadModule: Module pcidata does not supply version information
(II) Unloading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/libpcidata.a
(EE) Failed to load module "pcidata" (invalid module, 0)

Fatal server error:
Unable to load required base modules, Exiting...

Now I need a clue what to change there. Are there other arches without a pci
bus? Note that I had to change an Imakefile to build stuff in bus/pci,
because otherwise a makefile would go crazy. Maybe that was not the best
idea? It was the easiest thing to get packages built. There must be a
possibility to load this module but to tell it not to scan the pci bus and
return savely...

Christian