Re: XFree86 4.0.2 status

Tor Slettnes wrote:

>     Christian> Tell me... and _that_ part _was_ working in a previous
>     Christian> build. And I did not change much on my build system
>     Christian> since then, I only installed (and built) glibc2.2 and
>     Christian> gcc-2.95.3 ;-)
>
> I got the same run-time errors on ARM, built with the same gcc/glibc.
>
> Phil Blundell suggested looking in
> xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/loader/xf86sym.c, and create
> appropriate system-dependent SYMVARS.  I am about to look into that
> now.

There is a SYMFUNC for memcpy which is guarded by

#if (defined(__powerpc__) && (defined(Lynx) || defined(linux))) ||
defined(__sparc__) || defined(__ia64__)
   /*
    * Some PPC, SPARC, and IA64 compilers generate calls to memcpy to handle
    * structure copies.  This causes a problem both here and in shared
    * libraries as there is no way to map the name of the call to the
    * correct function.
    */

Looks like something is missing. :)

Michel

Debian GNU/Linux (powerpc,i386) user \   member of XFree86 and the DRI project