Re: .xResources? how do you handle it in X4?

On Sat, Jan 13, 2001 at 01:42:01PM +1100, Drew Parsons wrote:

> Nevertheless, I'd still like to know how you'd make a change to the default
> fonts.alias permanent between upgrades, in case you wanted "fixed" font to be
> cyrillicised for the whole system, for instance.  Is it possible?

I think I've been sitting in front of the computer too long, I seem to be
getting stupid.  Permanent settings to fonts.alias are made in
/etc/X11/fonts and invoked using update-fonts-alias.  Package upgrades won't
overwrite files in /etc, will they?

Drew

don't my replying to myself twice, will you?...