Re: security/2008/dsa-1466.wml

On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 11:19:12PM +0200, Nicolas Bertolissio wrote:
> Le mardi 29 avril 2008, Jens Seidel écrivit :
> > Oops, this confuses me. Once you add a comma or fix capitalisation in
> > English you don't change the meaning so the translation should
> > definitivly not change. Often the translators do not see the error and
> > understood the sentence as assumed by the author. Sometimes the
> > translator also noticed the error but just didn't fix it (very bad)
> > and translated it correctly.
>
> Maybe for a comma, but I disagree for capitalisation or package name
> typos.

Capitalisation and typos in package names can be fixed by you in all
translations without knowledge of the language. That's why
smart_change.pl exists in CVS. That was discussed already multiple times
on this list!

It's really simple to reduce work for translators and I'm sure it's
obvious for you as well if you think a little bit about it. Please
note that fixing all translations at once is probably faster by a factor
of 5--10 compared to individual changes ...

Jens