Re: Language problem

* "[Admin at dDH]" <boyd2003@ddh.nl> [2004-10-13 21:49]:
> I know, but are you telling me to use IE to access a Linux website :-/

 No. We are telling you that mozilla should remember your wish to not
download the font _over sessions_. This is a sensible request and should
be quite easy for the mozilla maintainers to fulfill.

> (And since when does IE run on Linux?)

 There are things like the crossover plugin out there, you're aware of
those, aren't you, as a webmaster.

> Besides, this is really one of the very few websites with this problem

 Go to <http://www.gnu.org/>, or any other website that uses content
negotiation.

> (as long as you don't click on a link which is clearly a non supported
> language and you know what to expect). Whatever the unwanted reaction
> from the browser, it's trigged by the website and can be avoided. (I'm
> only trying to help).

 So you want us to remove a helpful feature because of some browser that
doesn't do the sensible thing? Sorry, the thing doesn't work that way.

> But maybe you can read on a few messages, the solution can be quite
> elegant, with an image :)

 No, it can't. Images are a real handicap for disabled persons, and
won't work on textmode browsers, which are also quite popular amongst
our users.

 So long,
Alfie
P.S.: All the answers you've received so far (as I can see, including
   this) were sent by translators and not by members of the webmaster
   team. Although those are the ones with the "power" to force such a
   change they usually look for a consensus on this list. HTH.
--
Debian ist auch das OS für Mamis - funktionell und ohne Schnickschnack.
             -- Cornelia Stallinger in <20020522125544.6738e98b.Rhonda@aon.at>