Re: Language problem

[Admin at dDH]:

I don't agree. And remember Mozilla is the most compliant browser.
[...]
There is a very simple solution: DON'T PUT THESE FONTS ON THESE PAGES!

We don't use any specific fonts at all, we simply include the name of the language written in its native form. That Mozilla wants the users to download a font package to display that is a feature/problem of Mozilla, not of www.debian.org. It has nothing to do with how compliant it is, it's just Mozilla trying to be overly helpful. At least Internet Explorer stops bugging you if tell it you don't want the language support...

On other home pages it is useless: people don't scroll down a page which they can't read, to see if there might be a language link for them ;-)

Most pages are short enough to show the list of languages on the first screen, so this is generally not a problem.

--
\\//
Peter - http://www.softwolves.pp.se/