Re: Discussion on eventual transition away from source packages

On 21/03/19 at 18:57 +0100, Joerg Jaspert wrote:
> Also, it will be a drastical change and has many far reaching
> consequences and needs lots of work nefore we are near it.

I'm probably missing something, but it doesn't sound like a lot of work
to me? It's "just" a service that:
- gets notified of the existence of a git repo + tag to upload
- fetches that git repo + tag
- checks signature / confirm that the GPG key owner is allowed to upload
  that package
- build a Debian source package
- uses a slightly different path to accept the source package (because
  the .dsc and .changes wouldn't be signed)

This could exist in parallel to the current upload scheme.

And it's a terrible idea, but it could even be implemented as a
third-party service, run by a DD that would do that and sign+upload the
source package using the DD's own GPG key.

Lucas