Re: Discussion on eventual transition away from source packages

On 15348 March 1977, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:

Couldn't we imagine a schema where a push of an annotated signed tag to
the salsa repository triggers a gitlab-ci job that notifies a service on
ftp-master that there's a git repo with a suitable signed tag waiting?
that service could then fetch the git repository in question and create
the source package from the tag.

Just picking this mail, Ians before also already was good.

Yes, it should be simple to use. Something which I meant by "something
alongside salsa that gets triggered". Then it could be triggered not
only from salsa, but also gitlab, github, personal git servers, whatnot.

Also, it will be a drastical change and has many far reaching
consequences and needs lots of work nefore we are near it. But I think
doing "something" to a git commit that then results in "an upload" to
Debian where it gets build and pushed to the mirrors would be nice.

--
bye, Joerg