Re: Questions about "Winding down my Debian involvement"

On 15347 March 1977, Sean Whitton wrote:

I would actually like if we end up with a "git push turns into an
upload". Which would need some central $thing for it to make it so. Not
sure thats salsa. Or something seperately (but maybe together with it).
We already have something that is quite close to this, in the form of
`dgit push-source`.

I don't believe dgit to be *the answer*.

I am not really sure why people think some salsa CI thing would be
better than that -- but would be grateful to know.

Ideally you get an upload by a simple git push.

Now we want to control a bit WHEN it uploads.
We also want some checks before the upload.
For legal reasons we do not want the full history (think of removed
undistributable files) in all cases.

And so on. There are many points and I just list a tiny few. This is a
long term change. With a quite radical change of workflow. Which, in the
end, will benefit us all. Which needs strong drivers and a lot of
support in the project.

--
bye, Joerg