Re: Questions about "Winding down my Debian involvement"

Hello,

On Thu 21 Mar 2019 at 09:02AM +0100, Joerg Jaspert wrote:

> Ideally you get an upload by a simple git push.

`dgit push-source` is very nearly a simple git push.  Your laptop FTPs
stuff in the background, but that's transparent to the user.

> Now we want to control a bit WHEN it uploads.
> We also want some checks before the upload.
> For legal reasons we do not want the full history (think of removed
> undistributable files) in all cases.
>
> And so on. There are many points and I just list a tiny few.

I won't write a long reply because it's not that important to the DPL
election, but I did want to note that `dgit push-source` has answers for
everything you've listed.  I'd encourage you to take a(nother) look!

--
Sean Whitton