Re: script line not working as its supposed to, but why?

Sharon Kimble writes:
 > I have this line in a bash script that is not doing what its supposed
 > to -
 > 'find /home/boudiccas/.fluxbox -type f -mtime +"$num" -name 'menu-*'
 > -delete'
 > where "$num" = 7 and 'menu-*'=menu-20131209-11:05 . Obviously the date
 > and time can be different in each case, so how do I get it so that it
 > deletes the menus if their number is greater than 7 please? All the
 > rest of the script works as expected, except for this one line!

Excuse me Sharon, I am not a native English speaker and I think my
English skills are not up to the task to fully understand your
message.

You want to delete file modified more than 7 days ago (-mtime) or if
you have more of 7 of them?

And what goes wrong with the command execution?

--
 /\           ___                                    Ubuntu: ancient
/___/\_|_|\_|__|___Gian Uberto Lauri_____               African word

Warning: gnome-config-daemon considered more dangerous than GOTO