script line not working as its supposed to, but why?

I have this line in a bash script that is not doing what its supposed
to -
'find /home/boudiccas/.fluxbox -type f -mtime +"$num" -name 'menu-*'
-delete'
where "$num" = 7 and 'menu-*'=menu-20131209-11:05 . Obviously the date
and time can be different in each case, so how do I get it so that it
deletes the menus if their number is greater than 7 please? All the
rest of the script works as expected, except for this one line!

Does this make sense?
Sharon.
Debian testing, Fluxbox 1.3.5, LibreOffice 4.1.3.2
Registered Linux user 561944