Re: sudo security Was: Reporting missing package during install

On 10/12/13 16:56, Gian Uberto Lauri wrote:
<snip>

Physical security is indeed an issue. When attackers can put their
greedy hands on a computer there is nothing to stop them :)
Encrypt your hard disk. Choose a *very* good password. That will slow them down, if not halt them. But it depends on *who* has stolen your computer.

  > Perhaps somebody with real server experiences for real
  > multi-user-systems could enlighten us, if sudo does cause any issue and
  > why Debian anyway decided to make it a default.

I had some in the past, even in the not so far past. Even if I am a
senior developer, the Italian part of my signature says "Software
farmer and sysadmin in others' wasted time [**]".

And unguarded machines are a real boon for "wrongdoers".
Unless they are a honey trap - and then you can see what is actually trying to break into your network

Iain