Re: startx - X : no permissions to start x session (or some such) when booting with systemd

Am Dienstag, 10. Dezember 2013, 19:24:14 schrieb Zenaan Harkness:
> On 12/10/13, Zenaan Harkness <zen@freedbms.net> wrote:
> > After my recent sid upgrade, when I test boot with systemd, startx
> > ends with an error saying something (I think it is X) is lacking
> > permissions.
>
> Just rebooted (to test other changes), and my laptop is now
> auto-booting with systemd (looks like some grub customization has been
> lost), but on the other hand, startx now works! Happy me :)
>
> No idea what changed - I certainly have not modified any permissions
> today... Zenaan

Had thisu problem some time ago when starting LXDE. After this, KDE would not
start any more.

The reason was, that .ICEauthority was set to owner root by LXDE. This should
be fixed already.

Just an idea......

Happy Hacking!

Hans