startx - X : no permissions to start x session (or some such) when booting with systemd

After my recent sid upgrade, when I test boot with systemd, startx
ends with an error saying something (I think it is X) is lacking
permissions.

Any systemd users knowledgeable on how to user startx manually after
booting with systemd?

I tested systemd a few times after my upgrade, and have reverted back
to sysvinit due to lack of graphical desktop.

By the way, does anyone know if there is a xinerama equivalent for the
Linux console? :)

TIA
Zenaan