Re: nautilus -> spacefm

On Mon, 2013-12-09 at 16:25 +0000, Sharon Kimble wrote:
> On Mon, 9 Dec 2013 15:03:33 +0000
> Sharon Kimble <boudiccas@talktalk.net> wrote:
>

> > I'm trying to move over to spacefm from nautilus because it automounts
> > my usb drives and kindle, but I've hit a snag. I occasionally need to
> > mount a partition via shfs of my website on a remote server, but I
> > cant see how to do that in spacefm. Can anyone help me please?
> >
> Answering my own question, neither pcmanfm nor spacefm could do it, but
> thunar can. The first two also didn’t show hidden files [think
> '.foobar'] but thunar can, so I'm moving over to thunar as it, so far
> at least, does everything that I've asked of it.
>
> Thunar can -
> * automount usb drives,

pcmanfm can do that, in pcmanfm it's a tickbox under the 'Volume
Management' tab of the Preferences menu.

> * mount sftp drives,

pcmanfm can do that, if you have gnome vfs packages installed
(gvfs-backends and gvfs-fuse I beleive).

> * show hidden files,

pcmanfm do that, it's the 'Show Hidden' option in the 'view' menu, and
it will remember you're last preference for that setting.

And I would expect other file managers to also support these things.

--
Tixy