Re: [debian-user] International Characters

>--[Colin Watson]--<cjwatson@debian.org>

> Beware of /etc/environment, though. It's really a configuration file for
> pam_env. I think it should be used extremely sparingly; much better to
> change things in your personal shell startup files.

Why? If a user says de_DE.UTF-8 upon install, then that's what he's supposed
to get without any wierd hacks like editing .bashrc oder .inputrc.

> Also, I'm not sure what if anything pays attention to LINGUAS.

./configure when deciding what man pages / translations to install (which is why
buildd's should have it unset).

--
         100 DM =  51  € 13 ¢.
         100  € = 195 DM 58 pf.