Re: javascript on galeon and mozilla

"martin f krafft" <madduck@debian.org> writes:

<snip>
> > If you don't happen to be using the version of mozilla on which your
> > version of galeon is based, you could, theoretically, see very
> > different behaviour do to bugs being fixed or new bugs being
> > introduced.
>
> But I run Debian, so I don't have to worry, right?

Presumeably. I didn't know if you were running the debian packaged
version or a nightly build.

> > Also, I believe gelon may've introduced some of their own popup
> > blocking/javascript disabling code (I belive the popup blocking code
> > has more to do with the UI than with the gecko rendering engine),
> > which may be less forgiving than mozilla's.
>
> I agree with you that it's a UI thing, but I can't find anything in
> galeon...

I don't know about 1.2.5, but galeon 1.2.6 from sid had an "Allow
popups" check box under prefs->advanced->filtering that's unchecked by
default.
According to galeon's new page, popup blocking was introduced before
0.11.1 (before mozilla had it, AFAIK):
http://galeon.sourceforge.net/news/index.php

If you can provide some web pages where you're seeing this, I can test
with my versions and see what happens.