Re: javascript on galeon and mozilla

"Martin F Krafft" <krafft@ifi.unizh.ch> writes:

> Why are there many webpages that employ Javascript, which can be used
> with Mozilla but not with Galeon? Mainly, this seems to be about the
> submit() function as well as the function(s) to pop up new windows.
> I though galeon used mozilla to do all the work of the guts?
>
> Who invented Javascript btw? Can we hang him/her for f***ing up the
> web? I want gopher back!

What version of each browser are you using? What are your setting on
each one as far as "popup blocking" goes?
If you don't happen to be using the version of mozilla on which your
version of galeon is based, you could, theoretically, see very different
behaviour do to bugs being fixed or new bugs being introduced. Also, I
believe gelon may've introduced some of their own popup
blocking/javascript disabling code (I belive the popup blocking code has
more to do with the UI than with the gecko rendering engine), which may
be less forgiving than mozilla's.

This, however, is just my (only slightly) educated take on the matter.