Re: javascript on galeon and mozilla

also sprach DvB <imasu@earthlink.net> [2002.10.30.1710 +0100]:
> What version of each browser are you using?

ii  mozilla-browse 1.0.0-0.woody. Mozilla Web Browser - core and browser
ii  galeon         1.2.5-0.woody. Mozilla based web browser with GNOME look an

> What are your setting on each one as far as "popup blocking" goes?

Mozilla allows it all.
I can't find anything pertaining to this in Galeon
(other than that I disallowed it to mess with the status bar...)

> If you don't happen to be using the version of mozilla on which your
> version of galeon is based, you could, theoretically, see very
> different behaviour do to bugs being fixed or new bugs being
> introduced.

But I run Debian, so I don't have to worry, right?

> Also, I believe gelon may've introduced some of their own popup
> blocking/javascript disabling code (I belive the popup blocking code
> has more to do with the UI than with the gecko rendering engine),
> which may be less forgiving than mozilla's.

I agree with you that it's a UI thing, but I can't find anything in
galeon...

`. `'`