javascript on galeon and mozilla

Why are there many webpages that employ Javascript, which can be used
with Mozilla but not with Galeon? Mainly, this seems to be about the
submit() function as well as the function(s) to pop up new windows.
I though galeon used mozilla to do all the work of the guts?

Who invented Javascript btw? Can we hang him/her for f***ing up the
web? I want gopher back!

--
Martin F. Krafft                   Artificial Intelligence Laboratory
Ph.D. Student                      Department of Information Technology