Re: larry

On Sunday 27 February 2005 10:23, Macskasi Csaba wrote:
> It
> was just like windows. It was not userfriendly, it was n00bfriendly. (Even
> a goose could install sarge if you put enough grain on the enter key...)

Yes and exactly that is the point why debian-installer rules, and the windows
installer sucks. D-i empowers you to tweak what you need but provides
reasonable defaults. Windows lacks reasonable defaults but denies tweaking
the parameters.

[...]
> E.g. it seems much more userfriendly to me to edit a textfile than to click
> around half an hour on the gui-s...

You want to take a look at preseeding[1] which gives you the power of D-i at
the fingertips of your $powerful_editor.

Regards, David
[1]http://wiki.debian.net/?DebianInstallerPreseed
--
- hallo... wie gehts heute?