PROM version 4.6.5 bad for Sun Blades? (was: Problem booting Sun Blade 100 with Debian install media)

Ben Collins wrote:
Thus USB, IDE, and serial dbootstrap all seems to be broken for me, (and the machine still runs Solaris without any problems).

Very puzzling to me. My Blade (including IDE and USB) is booting just
fine. I installed from the exact same images. I use this machine as my
primary desktop and I've yet to see one bit of trouble from it.

I'm baffled, to say the least.

Hello,

As Alvaro Figueroa found out, the problems I had seems to be due to the OpenPROM version 4.6.5. When I backed the version to 4.5.9 (also from the 111179-05 patch) all problems magically disappeared, and the machine is running woody fine now.

Thanks a lot,
Arne

--
	Arne Nordmark		Tel: +46 8 - 790 71 92