Re: Sparc(s) won't read Debian CDs (Thanks - I'm up)

> On the inability to read the CD, I think Solaris tends to use a different
> block size for CDs than most other systems do (I think they use 512 byte

ISTR that's a parameter of the *drive* not the media.  ie. getting
sunos or solaris to talk to an non-sun scsi cdrom drive was often
tricky, especially older ones.   (On the other hand, with the sparc 5
I just dredged up, with builtin cdrom, I popped in a jigdo-built sparc
potato cdr, did "boot cdrom", and it worked fine [well, as much as
potato/sparc ever does, I spent the next couple of days bludgeoning it
into modernity, including arranging an RC bugfix to e2fsprogs, but
that's beside the point])