Re: Sparc(s) won't read Debian CDs

Ken McNamara <conmara@grandcanyonhiker.com> wrote:

> Hello to everyone.
>
> I just got my first set of Debian CDs.
>
> They read fine on 2 different PCs - but 2 different Sparc 20's can't
> read them.  Each Sparc reads CDs just fine until I put these in.
>
> Has anyone seen anthing like this?  Any suggestions?

The Sparc 20 CD-ROM drive is so slow (1x, 150kB/s) that you'd be better off
mounting the disk on another machine and exporting via NFS, or making the
files accessible via FTP or HTTP.  If you're installing, just make some
boot floppies and install over the network.

--
        Mike Hicks   [mailto:mhicks@csom.umn.edu]
   Unix Support Assistant    | Carlson School of Management