Re: X on a u10

On Sun, Aug 20, 2000 at 03:09:08PM +0200, Andreas Larsson wrote:
> Heh, well that explains it. It identifies as:
> vendor string:    The XFree86 Project, Inc
> when i run xdpyinfo, isnt that a little bit odd?

That's strange, but it doesn't mean you secretly have an XFree86 server.  I
imagine some header file defining that string got included.  I know those
Xsun* servers aren't from XFree86, though, because the original code base
predates the XFree86 organization, and because XFree86 3.x doesn't actually
ship those servers in the state we do.  We have some massive patches that
get us the servers we actually ship.

> > XFree86 4.0.1 has drivers for at least some of the hardware supported by
> > the old Xsun* servers.
>
> Ok, i better check out if my creator card is suported then.

I believe they are.  My Ultra has only an ATI Rage Pro, however, so I'm
stuck until Marc La France gets the support finished.

> > Finally, you can use the "xdpyinfo" to determine what resolution (and color
> > depth) the X server is actually running at.
> >

> ok, its running 1152x900, the acctual resolution on the screen however
> is still 1600x1200.

That's really odd.  Are you sure?  Is the display "picture framed", set in
the upper-left-hand corner with large areas of nothing on the right and
bottom edges?

--
G. Branden Robinson             |
Debian GNU/Linux                |        "Bother," said Pooh, as he was