Re: X on a u10

On Sat, Aug 19, 2000 at 08:53:14PM +0200, Andreas Larsson wrote:
> Yes, that helped now ther server starts all fine. I still have one
> problem though. The server do some realy strange magic because in my
> /etc/X11/XF86Config i have specefied that the default resolution should
> be 1024x768. The server seems to start in this mode, y screen however
> tells me that im running at 71.7Khz@76hz thats more like 1600x1200 to
> me. Well normaly this should not bother me but now is the case that the
> only monitor i have that can use the large resolution is a bit
> broken(its got no blue) so i need to replace it.
>
> any thoughts on this, could it be something in the kernel frambuffer
> driver?

The Xsun* servers do not look at the XF86Config file because they're not
XFree86 servers.  They are based on older code.

XFree86 4.0.1 has drivers for at least some of the hardware supported by
the old Xsun* servers.

Finally, you can use the "xdpyinfo" to determine what resolution (and color
depth) the X server is actually running at.

--
G. Branden Robinson             |
Debian GNU/Linux                |    Exercise your freedom of religion.  Set