Re: X on a u10

Ben Collins wrote:

> On Sat, Aug 19, 2000 at 04:40:53PM +0200, Andreas Larsson wrote:
> >
> > > where is /dev/mouse pointing to ?
> > >

> > /dev/sunmouse  (was /dev/gpmdata but i changed it, the result was the
> > same however..)
>
> rm -f /dev/gpmdata

Yes, that helped now ther server starts all fine. I still have one
problem though. The server do some realy strange magic because in my
/etc/X11/XF86Config i have specefied that the default resolution should
be 1024x768. The server seems to start in this mode, y screen however
tells me that im running at 71.7Khz@76hz thats more like 1600x1200 to
me. Well normaly this should not bother me but now is the case that the
only monitor i have that can use the large resolution is a bit
broken(its got no blue) so i need to replace it.

any thoughts on this, could it be something in the kernel frambuffer
driver?

Thanks for all help
/Andreas