Re: Cannot boot any cd/floppy/kernel on OF prep machine

Sven Luther wrote:

On Fri, Jun 04, 2004 at 11:12:57AM +0900, Jerome Walter wrote:

Sven Luther wrote:

On Thu, Jun 03, 2004 at 06:35:01PM +0900, Jerome Walter wrote:

[snip]
BTW, i found a kernel which is working quite fine on an rs/6000 page.

Do you also have the .config file for it, so we can check what is the
problem for us ?

http://www.solinno.co.uk/7043-140/files/2.4.19/config-2.4.19.gz

[snip]
Let's just try to boot the kernel first, without doing that, it won't
help much. argument for the console are as below, we need to get serial
log output to know what is going wrong.

"Now booting the kernel". Not helpful at all. This is my problem, after it boots, i have much more chances to fix it by myself. Hopefully, it seems that serial output is done automa'g'ically, i don't have to pass the argument.

Do you want the address mappings too ?

What about the 2.6 kernel ? I know they are behaving far better with Estrella 200 at least.

Fine test it, i hope it works, not sure it has serial log builtin, but
let's give it a try. You would need to build the initrd though.

I'll see...

P.S: I don't like Powerpc anymore ;) i386, Alpha and sparc gave me far less problems ;) Have to Debianize my Zaurus anyway ;)

Well, if you had a pmac, you would face no such problems, Or if you had
some less supporteed alpha, sparc or even i386, you would have the same
problems. That said, once we fix it for you, it will become easier for
other prep users too. Also, i naturally accept donation of prep hardware
for doing this kind of stuff in advance :)

I would have, if it was _my_ hardware. But seems that some companies are still proud of Bull's oldies ;) But if i get one and you pay transportation (Tokyo-Alsace, ca fait cher) you'll have one. I have an Atari and a MO5 back in Paris to play with ;)

Regards,

Jerome