Re: RFS: minidlna

Hi again,

> Hi Michael,
>
> Thanks a lot for reviewing my package.

You're welcome!

> Michael Tautschnig wrote:
> > I've reviewed your package, and found the following issues, which should be
> > corrected:
> >
> > - Copyright information in source files is very incomplete. Some of them even
> >   lack any information. Please run licensecheck *.c *.h linux/*.h to get the
> >   complete list.
>
> I noticed this too, but I was not sure what I could do to fix it. I
> guess I'll contact upstream and see if they can add the missing
> copyright headers. Even if I knew the exact license of each file, I
> don't think patching them just for debian makes much sense.

You're right, there's not too much you can do about this yourself, this *must*
be fixed upstream. The problem is that it makes the source code undistributable,
not the Debian package of that.

> > - As your postrm and prerm already do, you should only take action in case of
> >   specific states (probably configure only, but not abort-*).
>
> You're absolutely right. Fixed in my repository.
>
> > - You ship a defaults file, which allows to customize $USER and $GROUP, but your
> >   scripts don't take this into account.
>
> Are you sure about that one? In minidlna.init, I only assign default
> values to $USER and $GROUP if they are empty (which won't be the case if
> they where set in the default file).

I'm sorry, I was too imprecise here. I was referring to the {pre,post}inst,
{pre,post}rm scripts here. These should simply read the defaults file (if
already available) as well.

[...]

Thanks for your quick action,
Michael