Re: RFS: ovito

Hi,

> Dear mentors, debian-science,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "ovito".
>
> * Package name    : ovito
>   Version         : 0.9.2-1~1
>   Upstream Author : Alexander Stukowski
> * URL             : http://ovito.org/
> * License         : GPL3+
>   Section         : science
>
> It builds these binary packages:
> ovito      - visualization and analysis tool for atomistic simulation data
> ovito-doc  - documentation for ovito
> ovito-examples - tutorial examples for ovito
>
> The package appears to be lintian clean except one intentional override.
>
> The upload would fix these bugs: 600812

[...]

I have briefly reviewed your package and it seems the following should be fixed
before uploading to the archives:

- ovito includes an embedded code copy of muparser
  (src/atomviz/utils/muparser/), which is available as a Debian package and
  should be used instead.
- To the best of my knowledge, the archive management software (dak) doesn't yet
  support .lzma packed orig.tar. files, even though dpkg does. Please use bzip2
  or gzip instead.
- The tarball still has the .svn directories, probably upstream didn't properly
  use svn export for packaging. Please repack the orig.tar file accordingly.
- Lintian has some more information for you:
  I: ovito: desktop-entry-contains-encoding-key /usr/share/applications/ovito.desktop:2 Encoding
  I: ovito: spelling-error-in-binary ./usr/lib/ovito/libCore.so lauch launch
  I: ovito: spelling-error-in-binary ./usr/lib/ovito/libCore.so Unkown Unknown
  I: ovito: spelling-error-in-binary ./usr/lib/ovito/plugins/libAtomViz.so Unkown Unknown

Hope this helps,
Michael