Re: RFS: minidlna

Hi Michael,

Thanks a lot for reviewing my package.

Michael Tautschnig wrote:
> I've reviewed your package, and found the following issues, which should be
> corrected:
>
> - Copyright information in source files is very incomplete. Some of them even
>   lack any information. Please run licensecheck *.c *.h linux/*.h to get the
>   complete list.

I noticed this too, but I was not sure what I could do to fix it. I
guess I'll contact upstream and see if they can add the missing
copyright headers. Even if I knew the exact license of each file, I
don't think patching them just for debian makes much sense.

> - As your postrm and prerm already do, you should only take action in case of
>   specific states (probably configure only, but not abort-*).

You're absolutely right. Fixed in my repository.

> - You ship a defaults file, which allows to customize $USER and $GROUP, but your
>   scripts don't take this into account.

Are you sure about that one? In minidlna.init, I only assign default
values to $USER and $GROUP if they are empty (which won't be the case if
they where set in the default file).

> - Lintian has some information for you (I prefer lintian -iI --pedantic):
>   I: minidlna: hyphen-used-as-minus-sign usr/share/man/man1/minidlna.1.gz:45
>   P: minidlna: maintainer-script-without-set-e postrm
>   P: minidlna: maintainer-script-without-set-e postinst
>   P: minidlna: maintainer-script-without-set-e prerm

Fixed those too.

> Hope this helps,

I does help, a lot. I'm always happy getting feedback. Thanks again for
taking the time.

Cheers,

--
Benoît Knecht