Re: debian/watch, sf.net and -dev versions

Am Freitag, den 21.09.2007, 13:37 +0200 schrieb Patrick Schoenfeld:
> Hi there,
>
> the following is a problem that I already had with another package where
> a solution for this is also pending. The problem is the following.
>
> A Sourceforge project, for which I create the packages, does have
> several files on sf.net. One is the stable tree with a version like
> 1.4.x and then it has a -devel tree with a version like 1.5.x. If i scan
>  for upstream versions with a standard debian/watch like this:
>
> version=3
> http://sf.net/<package>/<package>-(.*)\.tar\.gz
>
> Then it will report every development version as a newer version, which
> is wrong. On the sourceforges projet site this files are divided into
> different packages, on called <package> and one <package>-dev.

Then use

http://sf.net/<package>/<package>-([\d\.]+)\.tar\.gz

I always use this to avoid matching on packages like
package-foo-x.y.z.tar.gz, if I want to match on package-x.y.z.tar.gz

> Is there
> any way to handle this properly? I currently think of changing the regex
> to contain a fixed version part (1.4.*), but that would break as soon as
> upstream decides to release a stable 1.5.

JFTR: If the project uses stable=even and unstable=odee (middle) version
numbers, you can also use

http://sf.net/<package>/<package>-(\d+\.\d?[02468]\.\d+)\.tar\.gz

Regards, Daniel