Re: Building a package for a web application

On 9/20/07, Bernd Zeimetz <bernd@bzed.de> wrote:
> I've uploaded the package to this address:
> http://daloradius.sourceforge.net/packages/daloradius-0.9-3/
> which the debian/ directory in there is what interests us.

why the package? Upload your sources if you want any kind of help.
(this includes at least the .orig.tar.gz and the diff.gz file of your
package)

Also have a look into dbconfig-common if you want to setup a database.

I think I managed to get the debian package to build just fine but it's probably
better if you can comment on it.

I've uploaded everything to: http://daloradius.sourceforge.net/packages/debpkg/
It contains the folder I'm using to build the package. The way I do it is cd to
daloradius-0.9.3 and run dpkg-buildpackage

As for you comment about the source package there is actually nothing
special about it. Like I mentioned before it is a web application software
that is made up of .php and .js files in a directory, that's all.

The exact package files (source or original) can be found in the archive:
http://daloradius.sourceforge.net/packages/debpkg/daloradius_0.9.3.tar.gz
inside the usr/share/daloradius directory. Or fetched from:
http://dfn.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/daloradius/daloradius-0.9-3.tar.gz

Regards,
Liran.