Re: debian/watch, sf.net and -dev versions

On Fri, Sep 21, 2007 at 01:37:33PM +0200, Patrick Schoenfeld wrote:
> version=3
> http://sf.net/<package>/<package>-(.*)\.tar\.gz
>
> Then it will report every development version as a newer version, which
> is wrong. On the sourceforges projet site this files are divided into
> different packages, on called <package> and one <package>-dev. Is there
> any way to handle this properly? I currently think of changing the regex
> to contain a fixed version part (1.4.*), but that would break as soon as
> upstream decides to release a stable 1.5.
>
> Anny ideas?

If you are sure that they use only dots and numbers, you may wish to
use ([\d\.]+) instead of (.*) for versioning.

Could you please tell us the package you are interested in, if this
doesn't help?

Thanks!

Kumar

P.S. [OT] For sf.net, if you want a standard directory listing instead of
using the watch sf.net workaround, try
http://heanet.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/<package>, for example:
http://heanet.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/maxima/

--