Re: opencity NMU to mentors

scripsit Miriam Ruiz:
> I would beg everyone in the thread to keep calm. There seems to have
> been a miscomunication among all of us, so lets let it that way and
> forget about it, please.

I like that idea very much.  We have better things to do.

[snip]
> To be honest, when I read the first mail I thought "How can this be?
> They're doing us an NMU for some bugs that are not extremelly urgent,
> they haven't even notified us about it, and they haven't sent eny
> patches to the BTS?". I guess that's why everyone in the mailing list
> was so shocked, because we (me, at least) didn't understand what was
> happening. In fact the letters NMU have a very clear and concise
> meaning, that's an upload to Debian's repositories, from a person
> that's not the maintainer, to solve a problem in the minimal
> disruptive form. The usage of the word NMU for a different thing, as
> in this case, seems to have confused us all.

I understand that.  I should not have used NMU in the title; I honestly
really wasn't thinking about the emotional impact of the term.  (Funny
how three little letters, completely meaningless to all but a few
thousand human beings, can inspire such a strong emotional reaction!
There's got to be a paper in there somewhere...)

I need to avoid using 'x.y' debian version numbers when I make my own
builds, because things like dch and debuild then throw `NMU' around a
lot...

> For the future, I'd prefer that whoever wants to help the Games Team
> send patches to the BTS.
[snip]

Understood.

> Now that all the situation has been clarified, lets all continue with
> our work :)

Having continued with my work, I've submitted a patch to bug #442029
containing all the changes between my quasi-pseudo-misnamed `NMU' and
the current -2 version, except for those related to #442034 and #442056
(which bugs Cyril tagged as fixed in SVN).

I hope that is more useful than my previous effort :)

--
Thanasis Kinias
Doctoral Candidate, Department of History, and