Re: opencity NMU to mentors

I would beg everyone in the thread to keep calm. There seems to have
been a miscomunication among all of us, so lets let it that way and
forget about it, please. It won't do any good for anyone to keep
discissing this. To be honest, when I read the first mail I thought
"How can this be? They're doing us an NMU for some bugs that are not
extremelly urgent, they haven't even notified us about it, and they
haven't sent eny patches to the BTS?". I guess that's why everyone in
the mailing list was so shocked, because we (me, at least) didn't
understand what was happening. In fact the letters NMU have a very
clear and concise meaning, that's an upload to Debian's repositories,
from a person that's not the maintainer, to solve a problem in the
minimal disruptive form. The usage of the word NMU for a different
thing, as in this case, seems to have confused us all.

For the future, I'd prefer that whoever wants to help the Games Team
send patches to the BTS. It's much easier for everyone. We're handling
all the packages in a subversion server, and it's not as simple as to
get the package and upload it as it is, we have to commit the changes
there too. Furthermore, there might be changes already there that
might not be uploaded yet, so those should also be added to the
package to be uploaded. To sum up, it's quite a big amount of work for
us to extract the patches from the already made packege.

Now that all the situation has been clarified, lets all continue with
our work :)

Greetings,
Miry