Re: RFS : aircrack-ng --- Wireless WEP/WPA cracking utilities

On Sun, 2006-05-07 at 15:13 +0200, Le_Vert wrote:
> > There's still an "aircrack" package in Debian, but you say it's dead
> > upstream. Did you persue any effort to have this newer version replace
> > the aircrack package or are there reasons to keep both in Debian?
> >
> > As said, looks good and I hope someone can sponsor you.
>
> As both aircrack and aircrack-ng can be installed at the same I've
> decided to consider them as two different software. What do you think
> about it ?

To me it's more a question of whether it's useful to keep both. As I
understand it, aircrack-ng can be considered as a newer version of
aircrack. If it can do the same things as aircrack, plus more or better
than aircrack, then I see no sense in keeping aircrack around.

I'd keep aircrack around only if it does things that aircrack-ng can't.

Thijs