Re: RFS : aircrack-ng --- Wireless WEP/WPA cracking utilities

Le samedi 06 mai 2006 à 10:27 +0200, Thijs Kinkhorst a écrit :
> Bonjour Le Vert,
>
> I'm not sure of your CC to ftpmaster, so I've removed that CC.
>
> > I'm looking for a sponsor to upload the new version of aircrack-ng. I
> > have already uploaded the 0.3 release but my sponsor has no time for me
> > for now...
>
> I've taken a look and it looks like a very good package, good work! I've
> got some very small details:

Thanks :-)

> You might consider updating the package to the latest policy version
> 3.7.2 while you're at it.

Done.

> I don't like the directory "stuff" under debian/. Stuff doesn't mean
> anything. May I suggest to move the manpages subdir of that to just
> under debian/, or even just put the manpage straight into debian/? The
> 2-level deep structure for one manpage is just a bit overkill if you ask
> me. But in any case, don't name stuff "stuff", or things "things", but
> make sure people can actually know what's in it.

Moved into debian/kstats.1.

> You did forward your patches to upstream?

I'm working with the upstream maintener, as I did with the old aircrack
software :-) All I do is forwarded to thomas d'otreppe.

> There's still an "aircrack" package in Debian, but you say it's dead
> upstream. Did you persue any effort to have this newer version replace
> the aircrack package or are there reasons to keep both in Debian?
>
> As said, looks good and I hope someone can sponsor you.

As both aircrack and aircrack-ng can be installed at the same I've
decided to consider them as two different software. What do you think
about it ?

> bye,
> Thijs

Still looking for a sponsor.... ;-) And I have several other packages
that'll be ready soon !