Re: debian/rules::dh_* comments as rejection criteria (Was: Re: A list of common gotchas in Debian packaging)

On Fri, May 05, 2006 at 01:20:33PM -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
> It seems silly to me that the ftpmasters would take especial umbrage to
> A while not caring about B, and while probably not checking for C even
> though it is nearly identical to A in effect.

I think the ftpmasters should have much better things to do than waste
time about this whole issue. Does it really matter if these commented
lines are there?

Some people don't like them; I don't like emacs. It doesn't mean I'd
go around rejecting packages that used that editor. And yes, I believe
this whole issue is as trivial and pointless as an editor war.

There are packages that need more work, plenty of packages! Why are we
even bothering about this at all?

 - Craig

--
Craig Small      GnuPG:1C1B D893 1418 2AF4 45EE  95CB C76C E5AC 12CA DFA5
Eye-Net Consulting http://www.enc.com.au/   MIEE         Debian developer