A list of common gotchas in Debian packaging

Some issues seem to come up time and again when somebody inspects RFS'd
packages.  Some of these are not breaches of policy but simply bad
practices, like leaving quoted dh_* commands in debian/rules.  Some are
breaches of policy but common enough to focus separate attention to.

I wonder, whether there is a list of these "common gotchas" in packaging
somewhere, or a checklist for package quality?  In a similar vein, I
wonder whether there is a checklist of qa procedures to do for a fresh
package, like lintian/linda testing, piuparts testing, and building with
pbuilder.  If not, somebody (I?) should probably compile these lists
from various sources.

Panu

--
personal contact:	panu.kalliokoski@helsinki.fi, +35841 5323835