Re: Let's stop feeding the NVidia cuckoo

Andrew Suffield <asuffield@debian.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 03, 2005 at 05:49:18PM +0000, Matthew Garrett wrote:
>> There's a difference between "most other people" and "no other people".
>> What use is the freedom to modify if nobody can make practical use of
>> that freedom?
>
> Sounds to me like you are trying to argue that things like procmail
> shouldn't be free.

I'll be sure to stop beating my wife once I have one.

I've found several patches to procmail written by people who aren't the
original authors. This suggests that it's practically modifiable. But
you still haven't answered my question - what use is freedom to modify
if nobody can make practical use of that freedom?

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59-chiark.mail.debian.legal@srcf.ucam.org