Re: Question on gnuplot licensing and why it is in main

Scripsit "Roberto C. Sanchez" <roberto@familiasanchez.net>

> OK.  I think understand.  qmail and pine are non-free because they
> disallow binary distribution, period.  gnuplot can go into main since
> the Debian project distributes sources as a .orig.tar.gz and a .diff.gz
> (except for native Debian packages like apt)?

Yes, and (more importantly) because the DFSG explicitly allows license
that requires such a split scheme for distribution of source.

--
Henning Makholm                        "Unmetered water, dear. Run it deep."