Re: Let's stop feeding the NVidia cuckoo

Andrew Suffield <asuffield@debian.org> wrote:

> By this definition, procmail is non-free because it does not have any
> forms that allow a reasonable person to modify it in reasonable ways.

The existence of two authors in the copyright statements suggests that
that's not true.

> It is not the definition that we use. We accept procmail as free
> because it can be modified by the author, even though it's
> impenetrable to most other people.

There's a difference between "most other people" and "no other people".
What use is the freedom to modify if nobody can make practical use of
that freedom?

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59-chiark.mail.debian.legal@srcf.ucam.org