Re: mail signature

On Mon, Dec 13, 1999 at 19:01, Drew Parsons wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 13, 1999 at 06:28:05PM -0800, Pann McCuaig wrote:
> >
> > G:r.si<Tab><Enter>
> >
> > I't more than 'S' but not much more and if you're doing it too often
> > then you probably want to set something up in your .muttrc. Or make your
> > own macro to do it.
>
> Thanks!  That sounds good enough.
 [snip!]
> Your solution sounds OK! However, I can't get it to work! 'G' doesn't
> respond! I don't know why. 'A' (attach message) works. I can see it in
> the list of options when I press '?' ("get temporary copy of file") I
> could just attach it as a file via 'a', but then it won't be appended
> to the message.

Sorry, that's a keystroke sequence in vim, my vi clone of choice. As
another respondent suggested, I solve the problem in the editor. If you
don't use vim then you'd want to use a sequence with similar
functionality in your editor of choice:

G		go to the bottom of the file
:r		read in <filename> at the current cursor position
.si<Tab>	<filename> completion for `.signature'
<Enter>		do it!

Luck,
Pann
--
geek by nature, Linux by choice                     L I N U X       .~.
                                                    The Choice      /V\