Re: mail signature

On Mon, Dec 13, 1999 at 06:28:05PM -0800, Pann McCuaig wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 13, 1999 at 18:02, Drew Parsons wrote:
> >
> > What I want is to be able to arbitrarily decide manually when I want the
> > signature appended.  This would be similar to choosing the role in pine when
> > composing a message.  Just to be able to press 'S' in the compose menu to
> > toggle between appending the signature or not.  It seems strange that this
> > kind of option is not present in mutt, allowing one's whim to append a
> > signature.
>
> G:r.si<Tab><Enter>
>
> I't more than 'S' but not much more and if you're doing it too often
> then you probably want to set something up in your .muttrc. Or make your
> own macro to do it.

Thanks!  That sounds good enough.

My source hack sort of works.  The problem is that the signature is appended
*before* you start composing (so you can actually edit it), so my toggle
idea in the compose menu doesn't really help so much.

Your solution sounds OK!  However, I can't get it to work!  'G' doesn't
respond!  I don't know why.   'A' (attach message) works. I can see it in
the list of options when I press '?' ("get temporary copy of file")  I could
just attach it as a file via 'a', but then it won't be appended to the message.

> There is a mutt mailing list BTW, with many mutt gurus responding to
> this sort of question all the time.
>
> http://www.mutt.org/

Yeah, I had a look there first in the archives, but they didn't seem to
address this particular aspect.  I felt I should ask among my "own"
Debianites before crossing over to them.

Thanks,

Drew
test sig