mail signature

Does any have experience in the fine control of an email signature?

What I want to be able to do, basically is to be able to choose myself when
I do and do not want my .signature file to be appended to an email (I
usually only want to do that if I'm writing on official business).  Does any
one know of the best way to arrange this?

I believe Netscape has the option of choosing when to use the signature, but
I'm using mutt, which either uses a defined signature, or not.  I can define
what file to use for the signature, and therefore could write a little
script to handle it for me, but before I do that I want to know if it's
already been done.  I know there are sig programs for generating random
signatures (with varying quotations or whatever), but that's not exactly
what I want.

I'll be interested if anyone has got their signature working in this way.

Drew